This week I didn’t get much done as far as the hobby goes. I had planned to work on the NMM on the Mocking Beast that I first started some time ago, but I found the process much more challenging than expected.
When I originally decided to paint the Mocking Beast I looked up the mini on the Reaper site and was awed by the paint job on the example image there (as I often am) and decided I would try to mimic it (ha!). I knew the NMM metal would be the trickiest part so I left that to the end, and sure enough it’s a real pain.
After coating everything in black I tried doing some coats of a black + grey paint mix. I was trying to emulate the technique I saw here:
I barely noticed any difference so I ended up just trying the grey by itself. You can see in the next photo that it started working a bit, but I obviously need to keep moving up through the various shades. At the point that I took the picture it was late at night and I was tired, so I gave up and went to bed! This mini has a lot of surface that need to all have the effect done to really work and I got a bit overwhelmed. I’m keen to try again though and just see what I get at the end. Stay tuned!